PC PUBG Removing Family Sharing from Steam?!

Doge

Feb 5, 2018
I was browsing the web when I noticed some news that kind of hits close, I family share PUBG with my brother on Steam and basically - it'll be removed. PUBG Corp (developers) posted this article earlier this week.

We have an announcement for those of you using family sharing on Steam. We had allowed this feature so that the account holders who own PUBG can use their character with other Steam accounts if they wanted to. However, we have decided to deactivate this feature because we have identified a number of vulnerabilities that are being exploited. Please understand that we are introducing this measure to fight abuse and ensure a fair environment.

We would like to sincerely thank all players who have always played fair, respected other players, and enjoyed PUBG as part of a healthy community. We will do our utmost to minimize the exposure of players who play fair to those who don’t. We ask for your understanding and active feedback so that we can create an enjoyable environment for PUBG together.

Lee concludes by saying PUBG's anti-cheat solution will be upgraded "steadily" following its implementation next week, and will be evolved over time to ascertain a long-lasting "fair game environment."
So basically, any user that is game sharing with friends or family, will lose access to game sharing PUBG, which I find is kind of stupid. The game is great on PC, but Xbox and PS4, the game is absolute trash - they should be happy people want to play it instead of Fortnite. I don't know, I'm kind of angry with it, but at the same time, it will cut down on cheaters. Anyone else "pissed" regarding this situation even though it may be for the greater good?

Jake

Jan 27, 2018
Molly's House
jakeadams.pro
PUBG does some wack stuff and the game overall isn't that great on PC nor Xbox as of yet. Optimization wise it's horrid and the fact it hardly hits 30 frames in some spots on the Xbox One X is plain disgusting. It's also not doing too well due to the game "Fortnite" which is overtaking it due to the fact it is free, has more updates, less bugs, less lag, and overall gameplay is wayyyy smoother. I sometimes wonder why the PUBG development team hasn't focused more on optimization than they have adding new things. Sure a new desert map is nice but what use is it if the graphics suck? A disappointment in my opinion. At this point they're just digging themselves a deeper grave.

Molly

Administrator
Administrator
Jan 29, 2018
USA
I've only played it on Xbox and my first impression of it was not good. The game was laggy and the graphics were absolute garbage. I was in my first match ever and it lagged me out. Not a great first impression to begin with. However, I've never played it on PC but I heard it runs smoothly and is overall a better experience. I feel like they hyped the game up too much and weren't fully prepared to release it for consoles yet but they did anyway. They needed to work out all the bugs first and not focus on releasing it as soon as possible. They are lucky people are still playing at this point and shouldn't try to take away the game sharing. It's going to cause them to lose more people than they already have.